Monday, June 8, 2009

Lazy

There's no other explanation for the lack of progress but laziness.

Last week, I started working out regularly again. This week, I will write regularly again. At some point in the near future, I'll be able to do both equally well and with equal dedication.

I've updated my "What I'm Reading" list. Jennifer Cruisie was a nice surprise. I've seen her books all over the place and never picked one up as I had imagined it to be a cross between chick lit and contemporary romance. And it is, but I was pleasantly surprised by her writing. The majority of her book centers on quick and funny dialogue; I can definitely take some pointers there.

Yesterday, I reread "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss. He's a sci/fi fantasy writer and "The Name of the Wind" is his first book, and the first book of a trilogy. The second book was supposed to come out in April, but publication was delayed until 2010. Sigh, as I'm eagerly awaiting the next book in the series. Anyway, I liken the story to a grown up, adult Harry Potter, which does neither book full justice but I can't figure out how better to describe it as I don't typically read books in this genre. Regardless, he's a fantastic storyteller and rereading "The Name of the Wind" inspired me and reminded me how completely enthralling certain writers can be.

Back to the writing for me!

Page/Word Count:
83 pages
43,553 words

No comments: