Friday, May 22, 2009

Does Size Really Matter?

Get your mind out of the gutter! Chapter lengths: what is too long or too short? Mine tend to be on the short end of the spectrum and my Chapter 11 might be too short, possibly 5 pages (double spaced). I know a chapter can be as short as a page, or a paragraph. Typically, though, if it is this short, there is some element to the structure that makes it possible. Mine doesn't fit into any particular flow. I'm going to keep writing and perhaps during the revision, I'll come up with a solution.

Overall, I had a productive day despite my husband coming home early as it is Memorial Day weekend. I didn't finish Chapter 11 as planned, but got a good start on it. Right now, I'm full with Peking duck (yum!) and a bit sleepy.

Page/Word Count:
73 pages
38,518 words

No comments: