Saturday, May 23, 2009

Into the Fire

My husband is the lightest sleeper and freaked me out this morning as he heard rustling in our bedroom. With all the weird dreams I've been having of late, my heart was pounding at 4 AM this morning, wondering if we were going to die. Of course, our window was open and the curtains were blowing into something causing the noise. But it still interrupted my sleep and the day went with it...

So, I wrote very little. Though, I did go to the gym. The two may have negated itself; or in my mind at least. Alas, my page/word count is rather pathetic today.

I will, however, note that I read "Into the Fire" by Suzanne Brockmann and read what happens to Izzy. Actually, I read this like 4 days ago, and I was on the fence as to whether or not I wanted to address it. Basically, I was totally disappointed, primarily because there is no strong romantic resolution for him at the end. I hope she brings out his storyline in the next book with a happier ending than the one in "Into the Fire." However, Brockmann did a great job of setting Decker up for his own storyline in the sequel and flushing out the Dan Gillman character. Overall, the book was good, I just had preconceived notions of what should happen to Izzy, and the storyline is so far from it, I felt a little sad for him. Weird, huh?

Page/Word Count:
74 pages
38,861 words

No comments: