Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Who's Got Time?

I've been in a funk since last Thursday, I think, and have had a very difficult time writing: a bit of writer's block mixed in with anxiety over my unemployed status. As I can't do much about the former, I have been focusing on the latter. But when in a bind with the latter, I can't do much but stress about the former. Endless cycle.


It's weird. I have a lot of time. All day. I wake up with my husband and see him off to work and go to bed late. That means I have approximately 16 hours of the "day" to do whatever I want: from 8 AM to 12 AM. We have no kids, so my main concern is making dinner for the hubs and some house maintenance. And yet, it feels I can't get anything done. When I was working, I would be able to cram in so much, and now, a trip to the grocery store and back feels like it takes hours of my time. Perhaps being too idle is the problem?

Just read Gena Showalter's latest blog, and she wrote a whole short story in one day. I've read some of her books. They're good. I'm very jealous of her productivity and talent. Wah!

Still chugging along on my new Chapter 3. Hopefully, I'll get it done so that I can continue on...Hopefully, I'll have 150 pages done by the end of the weekend. Fingers crossed!!

No comments: