Monday, May 25, 2009

Until 2010!

Yesterday was the last of the birthday celebrations, so I won't have any more excuses as to my slow progress. My hubs and I had dinner with my sister, and we had very good Japanese food. If I didn't have such a large lunch, I would have enjoyed it more. Alas, I have no control over food intake.

I started and finished Sophie Kinsella's "Confessions of a Shopaholic" while out and about yesterday as well. In general, I'm not a "chick lit" fan. For some reason, I don't find the "escapism" that I find with historical romances or even contemporaries. Perhaps it is because I lived in NYC (and can still see it when I step outside) and that I'm not that removed in age from the characters in the chick lit books? I don't know...there's just something that just doesn't jive. If any of you have recommendations, I'll be happy to try them out.

I must say, though, that I did enjoy "Shopaholic". The appeal factor is that it is set in London with primarily London brands, so it is not grounded in anything I am familiar with. Overall, it was a good read with occasional laugh out loud moments.

Page/Word Count:
76 pages
40,223

No comments: