Saturday, May 9, 2009

No Rain! Go figure...

My hubs and I went into the city today, expecting the worst as my iGoogle weather gadget had a square gray with white raindrops and (gasp) thunderbolts all over it. Fortunately for us, the weather was fantastic if not a bit humid. Needless to say, I wrote very little today. A few sentences, actually.

However, I picked up a few romance novels while out. There is a used Japanese bookstore in Manhattan called Bookoff. It is right across the New York Public Library in Bryant Park. There is a great English book section as well as manga, DVDs, CDs, and video games. Most hardcovers, paperbacks, mass market books are $5 - $3. However, there is a whole section of books for $1 regardless of format. I like to go and pick up a bunch of romances and other books in the $1 pile. It's like treasure hunting. You never know what you'll find. The thing is, there is no true rhyme or reason to why certain books are $5 and others are $1. I've frequently found the same book in both sections. Go figure!

Anyway, I picked up the following: "Ever Princess" by Rebecca Hagan Lee and "Homeplace" by JoAnn Ross. Also found the following non-romance books: "M: The Man Who Became Carvaggio" by Peter Robb and "Written on the Body" by Jeanette Winterson.

No comments: